(Griffin/Royer) This is an 'accidental' song that occurred something like this.
1. Jimmy started the chorus and brought it to me some time during the pleistocene period.
2. He and I finished the chorus, but never got verses or lyric.
3. I finished Let me see the Light one night in a fit of inspiration.
4. I took the song to Jimmy who sheepishly admitted he had finished the song too, with another writer. His version was called The Healing has Begun. We agreed we would just keep our own versions.
5. I recorded the song with the Finnigans. Mike sang it, and Sean, who is quite a promoter, turned out half of Hollywood and a film crew to record the chorus. (Note video credits)
6. We didn't get around to editing the film for years. By the time we did, Jimmy had died and I didn't feel right about leaving his name off, so I added his name back to the credits.
7. The video turned into quite an event on the internet, getting tens of thousands of plays. Yeah, I know, Rebecca Black has more but this was pretty good for old guys.
8. Here 'tis.
Finnigan Bros. album version